Political and Social Effects of Internal Armed Conflict
Margareta Sollenberg, Ph.D.
The project aims were to:
- provide a review of the literature on the civilian consequences of war, in particular the political and social effects of internal armed conflict.
- conduct studies on political effects of war including type of political system (e.g. democracy vs. autocracy) and governance issues.
- Sollenberg, Margareta 2007. "From Bullets to Ballots: Using the People as Arbitrators to Settle Civil Wars" in Magnus Öberg & Kaare Strøm (Ed.) Governance, Resources and Civil Conflict. London: Routledge, May 2007.
- Sollenberg, Margareta 2005. "From Bullets to Ballots: Using the People as Arbitrators to Settle Civil Wars". Paper presented at the 46th Annual International Studies Association Convention, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 1-5, 2005.
Main Financial Support
- Swedish Emergency Managemant Agency (Krisberedskapsmyndigheten KBM)