The following sanctions regimes have been terminated (the terminating documents in parenthesis)
- Angola: Sanctions against UNITA 1993-2002 (1448). From 1993 arms and oil embargo, from 1997 travel ban and from 1998 freezing of funds on senior members and their adult family members.
- Cambodia: Oil embargo and supported moratorium on log exports against PDK-controlled areas of Cambodia, from 1992 to 1994 (resolution 792 (1992)).
- Eritrea v. Ethiopia: Arms embargo in place from 2000 to 2001 (S/PRST/2001/14).
- Federal Republic of Yugoslavia: Arms embargo from 1998 to 2001, including Kosovo (resolution 1367 (2001)).
- Former Yugoslavia: Comprehensive—including economic—sanctions in place 1991 to 1996 (resolution 1074 (1996)); also for the Bosnian Serb Partyin Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Haiti: Arms, oil, and financial embargo from 1993 to 1994 (resolution 944 (1994)).
- Iran: Sanctions against nuclear activities, travel ban and assets freeze 2006-2015 (2231).
- Iraq: Arms and oil embargo and sanctions on travel and financial assets abroad 1990-2003 (1483).
- Ivory Coast: Arms embargo, travel ban and assets freeze 2004-2016 (2283)
- Liberia: Arms embargo, travel ban and assets freeze 1992-2016 (2288)
- Libya: Arms embargo, travel restrictions and financial sanctions 1992-2003 (1506).
- Rwanda: Arms embargo 1994-2008 (1823)
- Sierra Leone: Arms and oil embargo and travel restrictions on members of the former military junta 1997-2010 (1940).
- South Africa: Arms embargo from 1977 to 1994 (resolution 919 (1994)).
- Southern Rhodesia: Economic sanctions from 1966 to 1979 (resolution 460 (1979)).
- Sudan: Diplomatic and travel sanctions 1996-2001 (1372)