Research assistant, Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 45,000 students, more than 7,000 employees and a turnover of around SEK 7 billion.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research was established in 1971 to conduct peace research and offer courses in peace and conflict studies. Currently approx. 80 persons are employed at the Department and at present some 300-400 students are enrolled every academic year. Courses offered include undergraduate and post-graduate courses, as well as a Ph. D. programme. For more information, visit www.pcr.uu.se.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research and the project "What are they fighting for? Conflict issues and the resolution of civil war" (project leader: Johan Brosché) are looking for two Research Assistants for a time-limited employment of 7 months (fulltime/100%).
- Collection and analysis of quantitative data
- Review of secondary literature
- Writing, editing, and formatting research texts
- Preparation of drafts of research articles
- Bachelor’s degree in Peace and Conflict Research or equivalent topic
- Good knowledge of scientific methods
- Experience of quantitative data collection
- Ability to independently analyze data and to develop scientific texts on a scientific basis
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability
- Master's degree in Peace and Conflict Research or equivalent topic (or ongoing degree to be finished before the start of the employment)
- Previous practical experience in quantitative data collection projects of a similar nature
- Good knowledge of relevant languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic or other deemed relevant
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: 7 June 2021, or as otherwise agreed.
Number of employments: Two.
Type of employment: Temporary position ending 7 January 2022 (7 months).
Scope of employment: 100 %.
For further information about the position, please contact: Johan Brosché, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by 30 April 2021, UFV-PA 2021/612.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at email@example.com.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 2
Working hours: 200
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2021/612
Last application date: 2021-04-30