Programme and Project Archive
This page contains a selection of previous research programmes and projects at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research. The programmes and projects have been archived in DiVA and are no longer updated.
The programmes are listed by programme leader and title.
- Anna Jarstad, "Conflict & Democracy Program"
- Stein Tønnesson (program leader) and Erik Melander (deputy program leader), "East Asian Peace Program"
- Cecilia Albin, "Improving the effectiveness of multilateral trade negotiations: A multidisciplinary program approach"
- Magnus Öberg, "Programme on Governance, Conflict and Peacebuilding"
The projects are listed by project leader and title.
- Cecilia Albin, "Making Peace Agreements Durable: The Role of Justice"
- Cecilia Albin, "Negotiation Theory and the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process"
- Karen Brounéus, "Rethinking Reconciliation: Concepts, Methods, and an Empirical Study of Truth Telling and Psychological Health in Rwanda"
- Mikael Eriksson, "Targeted Sanctions: Focusing on EU"
- Hanne Fjelde, "Threatening Ties: Understanding wartime civilian targeting along ethnic lines"
- Erika Forsberg, "Inequality and insurgency in India: a disaggregated analysis of the link between gender inequality and armed conflict"
- Jonathan Hall, "The Transnational Dimensions of Post-War Reconciliation"
- Mats Hammarström, "Accommodation of Interstate Minority Conflicts in Eastern Europe"
- Mats Hammarström, "The diffusion of military intervention: Testing a network position approach"
- Lisa Hultman, "Protection of Civilians: UN Peacekeeping Strategies and their Effectiveness"
- Lisa Hultman, "Targeting the Unarmed: Strategic Rebel Violence in Civil War"
- Kristine Höglund, "Electing Violence? The Causes of Electoral Violence in Africa"
- Lisa Karlborg, "Enforcing Legitimacy: Perspectives on the Relationship between Intervening Armed Forces and the Local Population in Afghanistan"
- Roland Kostic, "Ambivalent Peace: External Peacebuilding, Threatened Identity and Reconciliation in Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- Mathilda Lindgren, "Peacemaking Up Close: Explaining Mediator Styles of International Mediators"
- Erik Melander, "Forced Expulsion of Civilians in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo"
- Erik Melander, "Forced Migration in Armed Conflicts: Scope and Duration"
- Erik Melander, "Partnership Project"
- Erik Noreen, "Organisational culture, norms and modern warfare"
- Desirée Nilsson, "In the Shadow of Settlement: Multiple Rebel Groups and Precarious Peace"
- Desirée Nilsson "Peace by Piece - Multiple Actors in Peace Processes in Civil Wars"
- Desirée Nilsson, "Turning Spoilers into Statesmen: Third Party Strategies for Sustainable Peace in West Africa"
- Desirée Nilsson, "Who, Where and Why: Understanding Microfoundations of Civil War"
- Kjell-Åke Nordquist, "Autonomy as a Conflict-Solving Mechanism"
- Erik Noreen, "Threat Politics"
- Louise Olsson, "Equal Peace: United Nations Peace Operations and the Power-Relations between men and women in Timor-Leste"
- Roxanna Sjöstedt, "Talking Threats: The Social Construction of National Security in Russia and the United States"
- Margareta Sollenberg, "A Scramble for Rents: Foreign Aid and Armed Conflict"
- Isak Svensson, "Elusive Peacemakers: A Bargaining Perspective on Mediation in Internal Armed Conflicts"
- Ashok Swain, "Book Project: Social Movement and Public Policy: Education as an Agenda of Social Action"
- Ashok Swain, "Democracy and Social Capital in Segmented Societies"
- Ashok Swain, "Diasporas and Their Involvement in Peace Processes"
- Ashok Swain, "Regional Cooperation and Conflict Management in Southeast Asia"
- Mimmi Söderberg Kovacs, "From Rebellion to Politics: The Transformation of Rebel Groups to Political Parties in Civil War Peace Processes"
- Peter Wallensteen, "Armed Conflict in the European Space"
- Magnus Öberg, "Political Systems, Resource Distribution and Civil War"
- Magnus Öberg, "The Onset of Ethnic War as a Bargaining Process: Testing a Signaling Model"