ViEWS brownbag series
Welcome to brownbag seminars hosted by the Views program at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research. The seminars are held at 12.00-13.00 at the Department. The presentations are classical 'brownbags' with a 10-20 minute presentation and subsequent discussion. The seminars are open for everyone to attend.
- 8 January: Caroline Brandt, PhD Candidate in Political Science, University of California, Berkeley: Peace Agreements and Former Rebel Participation in Counterinsurgency.
- 9 October: Nina von Uexkull, Assistant Professor at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University, and Associate Senior Researcher at the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO); and Halvard Buhaug, Research Professor at PRIO and Professor of Political Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU): Climate-Sensitive Armed Conflict Projections for the 21st Century.
- 23 October: Lara B. Fowler, Fulbright Scholar at Uppsala University, 2019-2020; Senior Lecturer, Penn State Law; and Assistant Director, Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment: Water disputes and cooperation: finding success despite all the bad news.
- 6 November: Guillem Mosquera, PhD Candidate at the University of Warwick: Between source and destination: network centrality and conflict vulnerability along trading routes.
- 11 December: Paola Vesco, Research Assistant at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University, and PhD in Science and Management of Climate Change at Ca' Foscari University of Venice: Projecting Conflict under a Changing Climate: an Artificial Intelligence Application (co-authors: Gabriele Accarino, Maria Luisa Gabrielli, Edoardo Arnaudo, Malcolm Mistry).
- 18 December: Espen Geelmuyden Rød, Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University: The Structure of Coercive Institutions and Violent Repression of Protest in Autocracies.